Take pet to Luxembourg
The general requirements for entry of domestic animals into the European Union are:
a) Health certificate:
- With the declaration that the animal shows no signs of infectious and parasitic diseases.
- Proof of implantation of microchip or tattoo for animal identification purposes. The microchip must meet the ISO 11784 and ISO 11785 standards.
ATTENTION: It is mandatory to implant the microchip before the anti-rabies vaccination. Vaccination done before microchip implantation is not valid for the European Union.
b) Animal Vaccination Card over 12 weeks old must receive the anti-rabies vaccination.
c) Anti-rabies Serology:
- Must be done with a sample taken at least 30 days after the vaccination date and three months before the date of travel.
- Must be carried out by any laboratory approved in accordance with Article 3 of Decision 2000/258/CE; list of approved laboratories available on: www.ec.europa.eu
- It is the responsibility of the interested party to choose the laboratory and send the samples. DCCG 03/11/2016.
- In Brazil: Laboratório de Zoonoses e Doenças Transmitidas por Vetores do Centro de Controle de Zoonoses de São Paulo – Rua Santa Eulália nº 86, Santana, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The level of rabies virus neutralizing antibodies should be equal to or greater than 0.5 UI/ml.
- Serology does not need to be renewed in the case of animals which, having undergone this test with satisfactory results, have been revaccinated against rabies within the validity period of a previous vaccination.
- A certified copy of the approved laboratory report with the test results for the detection of rabies antibodies must be attached to the certificate.
ATTENTION: It is necessary to wait 90 days between the date of blood collection and the animal boarding.