Citizenship - Documents To Be Submitted - Option -1 Process
Considering that the interested person’s grandmother or mother does not have the Certificate of Nationality issued in their name, the person interested in obtaining citizenship in this modality must first apply for the issue of this certificate on behalf of one of them and only after receiving the Certificate of Nationality issued with the words “possède la nationalité luxembourgeoise” they can go to Luxembourg to deliver the documents and apply for citizenship in the “option-1” mode. In this case the process will be done in 02 steps:
- The first step makes the request for the issue of the nationality certificate in the name of the woman’s descendant; and,
- The second step, after receiving the certificate of nationality issued on behalf of the grandmother or mother, the applicant must go to Luxembourg to deliver the documents and apply for citizenship “by option-1” mode.
- However, if the applicant already has the nationality certificate of the person who is basing themselves to make the application, it is not necessary to do the first step. In this case, go straight to Luxembourg to present the documents related to the second step described below.
The request for the issue of the nationality certificate can be made directly at the Ministry of Justice without passing it through the Consulate. For this option send the documentation listed below to:
Service de l’indigénat – Ministère de la Justice
L – 2934 Luxembourg
Grand-Duché de Luxembourg
If you wish, as a separate service, the Consulate can check the documentation before the applicant sends it to Luxembourg, or even do the entire process thru Consulate. For information on this service provision, send an email to: email@example.com
Second stage: Documents that must be presented in Luxembourg for the applicant to apply for citizenship in the "by option-1" mode
It is not necessary to bring the documents to the Consulate for any procedure. If you wish, as a separate service, it is possible for the Consulate to check the documents that will be presented. For information on this service provision, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Endereço em Luxemburgo para entrega dos documentos:
44, Place Guillaume
2 rue Notre-Dame,
Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Telefone para esclarecimento de dúvidas: (352) 4796-2200
There is no need to schedule time. However, if the applicant plans to go on the same day with a group of 03 or more applicants older than 18 years, it´s necessary to schedule time. Please see below the instructions.
Luxembourg address to deliver the documents:
44, Place Guillaume
2 rue Notre-Dame,
Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm
Telephone for clarification of doubts: (352) 4796-220
Documents to be presented – Consider the list below for 01 applicant:
Documents related to people who passed on their descendants to the applicant:
- copy of the nationality certificate issued on behalf of the grandmother and / or mother;
- if you have, a simple copy of a Luxembourg document issued in the name of the grandmother, or the mother (valid ID or Passport). The one who you are basing yourself to ask for citizenship;
- birth and marriage certificate of the applicant’s father or mother, the one who has the descendants;
- notarized copy of a valid identification document of the applicant’s father or mother, the one who has the descendants: ID with issue date of at most 09 years, OR Passport with expiration date of at least 01 year from the date of delivery of the documentation in Luxembourg. This document does not need a sworn translation;
Documents related to the applicant who will apply for citizenship:
- birth and marriage certificate, if applicable;
- Notarized copy of the valid Brazilian passport. Translation is not necessary;
- Atestado de Antecedentes criminais da Polícia Federal, com data de emissão de no máximo 90 dias. A certidão original emitida pela internet precisa ser validada no cartório por “apostilamento”. O site para obter este atestado é:
- http://www.pf.gov.br/servicos-pf/antecedentes-criminais . Precisa estar acompanhado da tradução juramentada no idioma francês, ou alemão;
- Federal Police Criminal Background Certificate, with a date of issue of no more than 90 days. The original certificate issued thru website needs to be validated at the registry office by “apostille”.” The website for obtaining this certificate is: http://www.pf.gov.br/servicos-pf/antecedentes-criminais. It must be accompanied by a sworn translation into French, or German;
- if you have minor children, you must also present the original birth certificate for each minor child accompanied by a sworn translation into French or German;
- notarized copy of an identification document, ID or Passport of each minor child. You do not need to do a sworn translation for this document. (*)
- Notice biographique: to speed up the service, this form must be completed beforehand;
- Casier Judiciaire: Criminal record form issued by Luxembourg. This form must be completed beforehand; (**)
- If the applicant has lived in another country and / or has nationality in another country outside of Brazil, it will also be necessary to present a Criminal Background Certificate from the country where he / she lived and / or has nationality. Luxembourg does not establish a minimum residence time, but requires the presentation of a certificate considering the last 15 years counting from the date that the applicant turned 18 years old. For European countries registered at ECRIS (European Criminal Records Information Systems), there is the possibility of issuing this certificate made by that agency and it’ll be accepted. For information see the website: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/cross-border-cases/judicial-cooperation/tools-judicial-cooperation/european-criminal-records-information-system-ecris_en
If the document is not in French or German, it will also be necessary to have a sworn translation into one of these languages.
(*) Minor children do not need to be present. Just present the documentation for them. If the children are over 18 years old they will also have to go to Luxembourg to do their process. It is not possible to include them in your process without their presence. And they must present all the documents listed above.
(**) Regarding the “casier judiciaire” form, if the applicant plans to go on the same day with a group of 03 or more applicants older than 18 years in order to facilitate and speed up the process, they ask this certificate to be requested 15 days before their arrival in Luxembourg.
For this, the applicants must send an email to the Bierger Center email@example.com informing the date they’ll deliver the documentation, the names of all group’s applicants, their respective addresses, and attach the following documents:
– completed and signed “autorisation-casier-judiciaire” form;
– copy of passport